Volunteering at Jambalaya
Jambalaya Festival would not be possible without the help from over 100 amazing volunteers every year.
We are proud to work with so many talented individuals and offer industry experience in a variety of different roles.
There are a number of positions currently available – choose from either an 8 hour position over the duration of the festival (8hr) or a more detailed position on a part-time basis (PT) from now, leading up to the festival.
Examples of current available positions:
- Info and Merchandise Stall (8hr) retail, customer service or tourism experience preferred. Friendly and fluent English speaking.
- Bar Staff (8hr) basic hospitality skills required to work in our cool cellar bar
- Ticketing (8hr) friendly, efficient, approachable, customer service skills needed
- Late night tidy up (6hr) Midnight-3am Friday and Saturday evenings
- Set up and pack down (16hr) One full day prior as well as one full day after the festival
- Flier distribution crew (PT) Help us deliver fliers and posters to venues and events in the lead up to the festival
- Meet and Greet (8hr) Friendly welcoming person required to greet guests. Saturday or Sunday positions available
More positions added in the coming weeks, check back here to remain updated.
If you want to be part of a successful music and dance festival and think you have the skills to lend, then please email out volunteer manager, Fiona McCallum –
Please include a copy of your CV, and a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself, what you can bring to Jambalaya, if you have worked at or attended previous Jambalayas or similar festivals and also let us know your career goal so that we can try and align you in an interesting and relevant position if possible.
Please understand that the coordination of hundreds of applications is a huge task, requiring many hours of our time. Please only apply if you are 100% committed to volunteering at Jambalaya. Please also note that all volunteers are required to purchase a full festival pass which is then refunded after your hours have been signed off.