Jambalaya Dance Competition
For the first time ever we are holding a dance competition at Jambalaya Festival this Easter.
Think you've got the moves? We are calling for video applications from all dancers/ dance groups to perform live to 1,000 people at the opening night of Jambalaya Festival 2012.
How to enter:
- Email us a YouTube link to a video of your dance group. Videos must be freshly uploaded with no previous "likes". Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes and do not necessarily have to be the same dance you will be performing. Make your videos fun and enjoyable for people to watch.
- In your email, include a brief bio about your group – no more than 150 words
- "Groups" can be made up of 1-50 people. Solos, duos, whatever! Dancers can be any age, gender or culture
- Dancers must be available to make their own way to Auckland at Easter 2012
If we accept your video:
- We will upload it to our YouTube channel and link it to our website
- People can vote by "liking" your video on YouTube The top 15 videos with the most "likes" will be performing live at Jambalaya on Friday 6th April, 2012
- The more you spread the word, the more chances you have of making it to the final
If your dance group makes it to the live show:
- You will be performing to an audience of 1,000 people, many of whom are dance industry
- You will all receive free entry to Friday night of Jambalaya Festival
- You will be able to buy a discounted performers pass if you wish to attend the rest of the festival
- Your final dance performance should be between 2 and 4 minutes long and contain no explicit content
The winning group receives:
- Full festival passes to Jambalaya 2012 for each member valued at $125 per ticket
- An invitation to perform live at the Australian Dance Festival in Sydney at the end of the year
Please send your freshly uploaded YouTube video links and brief bios to
The competition closes end of Sunday 18th March. So the sooner you send in your video, the more chances you have of making it to the final. See our FAQ's for more info.